SERVICES & REGISTRATION
Per the RMV, to start the classroom training the student must be 15 and 9 months of age (to the day). To begin the driver training portion of the program, a student must have reached their 16th birthday and have a valid MA Learner's Permit.
To qualify for the State License exam, under the age of 18, you must complete a state approved driver's education course and hold your learner's permit for 6 months. Appointment availability may vary, typically we book about 6-8 weeks in advance, so please be diligent with scheduling driving lessons. Please call the office to discuss current wait times.
UPCOMING CLASSROOM SCHEDULES:
REGISTER FOR CLASSES HERE:
This enrollment is open to all students who would like to attend our Hanson location at: 270 Main Street- Hanson, MA. 02341
A $575 non-refundable deposit is required for all our driver education training services.
This enrollment is open to all students would like to attend our Weymouth location at:
435 Columbian Street – South Weymouth, MA. 02190
A $575 non-refundable deposit is required for all SSDA driver education training services.
*Please note, there is a $40 dollar bounced check fee for all checks that get returned.
Complete your MA 30-hour class requirement with South Shore Driving Academy's convenient class sessions, then transfer your class credit to any school in the state of MA to complete your driving hours. PERFECT for students who do not live in our service area for at home pickup. Includes:
- 30 Hours of Classroom this fulfills the RMV classroom requirement
- 30 hours of classroom training with professional curriculum specifically designed for the new driver.
- 12 hours of behind-the-wheel training with custom in-car curriculum to build the essential skills needed for road safety.
- 6 hours of observation training, new drivers will observe other new drivers to reinforce the skills they are working on.
- 2 hour parent classroom instruction, it is so important for us to team with the parents to educate and mentor our students together to establish a solid education in school and at home.
- Driver Education Certificate of Completion fee is included.
- Free pick up and drop off service for road lessons is available for select areas, click here to see the areas.
- The Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicle Driver Education guidelines state that a Driver Education program must be completed within a 2-year period from the start date of the course.
Payment plan for our full driver education package:
- A non-refundable $575 dollar deposit is required to secure a seat in the classroom.
- Final payment of $300 (non-refundable) will be due before scheduling the student's first driving lesson.
Please note that our fee does not include the mandatory R.M.V. State licensing fees.
- This service is optional and is not included in the Driver Education package, the candidate must qualify in order to be considered.
- A $200 dollar non-refundable deposit must be made in order to participate in this service.
- Upon receiving payment of service and your road test application, we will include you in theroad test roster.
- This service is not offered to the general public, so a weekend or weekday test day is possible.
- Use of D.O.T. approved automobile equip with mandatory braking system needed to participate in State License exam.
- Professional instructor will sponsor thestudent, this eliminates the parent or legal guardian presence in the vehicle during the exam.
- Students are required to meet us at the designated RMV location on day of exam.
- Please call (781)294-8876 or (781) 331- 4000 for more information.
- Download the Road Test application here
* Our State License Exam Sponsorship Service is optional, it is not a guarantee that the student will pass the road test. Should the student fail and require a subsequent road test the normal service rate of $200 will apply.
- In order to be guaranteed a time slot, you need to submit payment, contractand application to the office.
- Your D.E.C. must be issued in order to be considered.
- Your permit must be legible and in excellent condition
- You've held your permit, continually, for a minimum of 6 months
- The additional mandatory RMV $85 endorsement fee must be paidprior to your exam date. Call 1-857-368-8010 and follow the prompts, you will receive a confirmation # upon receipt.
- If you wear contacts or glasses you must have them on or you will not be allowed to test.
- If you hold any form of a Massachusetts issued ID, you must turn it in prior to your road test.
- You must provide transportation to and from the test site.
Non-Refundable State License Exam Policy:
* A $200 non-refundable payment is required to use our service so please be certain you want to use our sponsorship when you submit your application.